Friday, January 16, 2015

2015 USATF-NE Grand Prix and Me

I was going to title this blog, Old Man Trying to Stave Off the Effect of Old Age. Seemed a bit wordy. Essentially what I would like to do is chronicle my road racing adventures during the 2015 USATF-NE Grand Prix. Yes indeed, my plan is to run all seven events from the shore of Lake Champlain to the Narragansett Pier. I did participate in 2014, unattached, completing all seven races and received the supercool Ironrunner Jacket. This year I will run in a Central Mass Strider Singlet. Exceptin’ the really cold days when I’ll need a warmer top.

As far as my training, I’d guess no one really cares. I won’t dwell on it at all or much. My training plan is designed by Coach Amanda who thankfully is patient enough to put up with my eccentricity. In addition I enjoy and have learned from the published works of coaches at the forefront of sport physiology, e.g., Joe Friel, Steve Magness, and Jay Johnson.


And I like simple.
1. Know the purpose of each workout.
2. Perform the workout to promote the intended stimulus for improvement.
3. Nutrition
4. Recovery
5. Create an attitude that supports items 1, 2, 3, and 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment