Friday, August 7, 2015

Vermont City Marathon May 24, 2015


I do not run enough total mileage to perform well in a marathon! Plain and simple.

JoAnne and decided to take a long weekend in Vermont. We took a casual drive up on Saturday and checked in at the host hotel. There was brisk business going on at the VCM exposition but I was able to pick up my bib in a timely manner.

Early Sunday we headed down to the Waterfront arriving about an hour before the start. About 15 minutes before the start I went into the corral. There were already a few CMS singlets there.



The National Anthem was sung, the wheelchairs were off, and then the running began.

I felt ok through 5k, Around 5 miles I felt like I was working a bit, though I was at a "comfortable" 7:20min/mi pace, A quick pit stop really didn't help much. Somewhere around 6 miles I fell in with Mr. Dunham and Mr. Savoy, both CMS teammates, and we ran the southern side of the course. I was ok through 15 miles and up the big hill into town, where I saw JoAnne cheering me on. I had to work a bit the next five miles and somewhere around mile 20 I really fell off pace, pretty much crawling in the last 4 miles. Oh well.

I last ran VCM in 2004 and my finish times were comparable.
Not great, but good enough for a BQ both times!
2015 Gun time 3:25:47 (2004 Gun Time 3:25:04)
2015 Chip Time 3:25:36 (2004 Chip Time 3:25:45)

After my typical hour of post marathon nausea...
,

I took a shower and we headed to downtown Burlington for a tasty dinner and delicious cold adult beverages. Monday morning we headed home with a stop in Woodstock for some cheese at Sugarbush Farm.

And since we were so close to Bridgewater Corners we dropped in to the Long Trail Brewery.



Next stop...less than 3 weeks to the Hollis Fast (or maybe Not So Fast) 5k in 3 weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment