Friday, August 7, 2015

Hollis Fast 5k June 11, 2015

This is one crazy race!

It was already hot and humid as I drove from Marlborough, MA to Hollis, NH for this Thursday evening event. I arrived at Alpine Grove early to grab my bib and catch a bus to the start line. I was greeted at the bib pick-up by the USATFNE liaison Jean Cann as she was displaying the Grand Prix Statistics.

I hopped on one of school buses, a bit early, and was able to get some additional heat to make me more sluggish than I already felt. In reality, it was a short trip and the whole process was managed very well. Kudos the the event organizers!

I grabbed some water upon arrival and sat in the shade chatting with Mr. Dunham and Mr. Verrington, both of CMS. At 5:45 or so I went for a 2 mile warmup. I spoke with colleague Gerry Fredricksen who was running as well. I saw Mr. Savoy of CMS and we jogged over to the already very crowded start line and met with Mr. Pawlicki.

I went out as reasonably quick as I could, though I still had a bit of the marathon left in my legs. I saw the clock at 1 mile and was ok with the time. Mile 2 seemed to pass quickly and I started to fade a bit during mile 3 running about 15 seconds slower. After a little post race run I caught up with Gerry and Frank Ruggerio and we did the standard post run chat.

Place Div/Tot Div       Name                 Ag S No. Chip Time Pace  Gun Time 1mile  2mile  3mile  
198    7/54      M5559 JOHN GRIEGO 57 M 415 18:23.2      5:56  18:29.08    5:43   5:54    6:08

I ran quick enough to pick up a few Grand Prix Points, so all is well!

The next USATF-NE-GP stop is the Bobby Doyle 5 Mile race in Naragansett, RI. This is the only GP race in RI for 2015. 



No comments:

Post a Comment