Friday, March 18, 2016

When last we met...

I had just posted of my adventures at the USATF Masters 5k Cross Country Race in New York. I haven't raced since, setting my sights on the Boston Marathon 2016, building up mileage for marathon training. Now that the Bib Numbers have been published by the BAA I am getting excited about running 26.2, not really one of my favorites distances. But hey...it's Boston!

I have been fortunate to be able to train in Southern California, avoiding the always unpredictable Massachusetts winter. There has been a few rainy days thanks to El Nino...but the water is really needed. And from the hill behind my house, one can see the snow capped San Jacinto Mountains.

Winter in SoCal


I have also had the opportunity to run much of my mileage at the Santa Rosa Plateau Ecological Reserve. When I miss New England, I go to the plateau and take in the meadows enjoy the nice soft running trails.

Santa Rosa Plateau Ecological Reserve
 So here we are, four weeks out from Marathon Monday! I'll miss New Bedford this year and running with the CMS Senior Team, as well. But I am looking forward to seeing familiar faces in Hopkinton!

No comments:

Post a Comment